Sunday, February 24, 2008

The junk yard is calling!!!

Transforming Trash to Treasures
There is nothing better then walking into a thrift store or junk yard and seeing all the endless possiblities for transforming old unwanted items into new favorites. This is without a doubt my favorite creative pastime. There are endless possibilites with what could be done. My last trip to the junk yard produced two gems for my apartment. I found an old mop bucket, and an old beat up window, and had big plans for them. While waiting in line I called my boyfriend and excitingly told him what I found. People in the store were looking at me like I was crazy. Maybe so. But look at the cool stuff I turned them into:


An old window became an interesting wall decoration, as well as a place to showcase some vintage photographs.

I transformed the $3 mop bucket into an awesome planter full of flowers and herbs. It makes me happy everytime I go out onto my balcony.



2 comments:

MGoodell said...

that is one of my favorite things to do - I love junkyards! Noone else has seemed to understand that until now! Keep posting your creations from the junkyard, I would love to see them!

thatissocute said...

Oh, I like this...plus you can easily move it to catch the sun or to water....