Monday, February 25, 2008

On to new and exciting things!!


I just bought materials for metal work, and cannot wait to start making some crazy pieces of jewelry. It's all new territory, but that just makes it even more exciting. I will be making rings, earrings and bracelets. I'll get some pictures up as soon as I can. I had no idea how inexpensive it was to start up. You need an initial investment, but your tools will last you forever (or until you want to upgrade to something better). Now I just need to find some sterling silver to work with. I couldn't believe how expensive sterling silver sheets were going for. Apparently the prices have been sky rocketing. Since I'm so big on recycling - and saving money - I'm hoping I can find old items made of silver and melt them down to use the metal. My hunt begins tomorrow...


No comments: