Thursday, March 27, 2008

Recycled Art


I'm always inspired by what other artists can create out of recycled items. Here are a few featured pieces that I found interesting.

Linda Raynsford made this sculpture, titled "Link," out of discarded painted metal, tool boxes, cabinets, and car parts.

This amazing sculpture, titled "Earth Tear" by Marta Thoma is made out of steel rebar and recycled plastic vodka bottles!




Artist John T. Unger uses recycled steel to create these goregous fire pits.

Photo by Bob Easton

This entire gown is made out of plastic bags!!! Artist Jayne Ottesen used knitted, ironed and sewn plastic grocery bags to create this gown.

3 comments:

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Wow....that is crazy..esp. the gown..crazy wonderful!

Over The Top Aprons said...

Very interesting. I enjoy reading and seeing all of the artist.

Christine Ratliff said...

I can't stop coming back for a look at Earth Tear.
You have a great blog, I'm glad I discovered through the forums.