Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Trying my hand at jewelry

Click here to see this vintage inspired necklace in the shop



There are so many jewelry sellers on Etsy right now, I felt discouraged from making any. But then I decided it didn't matter. I was making it because it was fun, not because it mattered whether it sold or not. It just so happened that I had today off. So I sat down, spread my supplies out and did some serious jewelry making! I have to say, it was a blast. I'll put them up in the shop and see how they do, but I'm not too worried about it. I had a great time and that's all that matters. I've also been experimenting in metal work. I made a really cool sterling silver fork ring today.

Antique fork ring

1 comment:

Artwork by KD said...

I think your fork rings are amazing!! I would totally buy that! I always had a hard time making rings...