Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Eco Friendly Featured Artist: Unconventionalida

She has Always Loved the Trees

Today's featured artist is Unconventionalida. I saw her work and was instantly charmed by her unique style and unforgetable characters. There is a sweetness and warmth to each of her paintings, along with a touch of meloncholy. Unconventionalida sells both originals and prints, with a price range to fit any budget. All of her paintings are done on recycled wood.


Here's what she says about her work:
"I whole heartedly LOVE every character that comes out of my pen. Everything is a magnificent choice for me..the type of wood I will use, the grain, a male or female, old or young...The wood that I use is "rescued" from a cabinet shop in the Bitterroot Mountains.*I can't bear to see lovely wood burned just because it isn't large enough*"

The Queer Little House on the Hill


The Lollipop Forest in Blue

You can visit her shop at http://www.unconventionalida.etsy.com/

2 comments:

Margins. said...

Oo...I've seen her work around Etsy and it makes me warm and fuzzy inside. Really creative characters she thinks up.

Nice choice!

Unknown said...

i have also seen her work. it's so feminine and unique. truly beautiful. and your blog is so pretty as well....cheers.~